All-Academy Theme Sessions
All-Academy Theme Chair: Amy Hillman, Arizona State University
The All-Academy Theme (AAT) program is developed by AOM’s Vice President and Program Chair, with the aid of a theme committee. The AAT program contains a mix of accepted symposia and professional development workshops (PDWs) that were submitted directly to the AAT program for review by the committee. AAT sessions address issues of broad interest, and are directly related to the conference theme, “Bringing the Manager Back in Management”.
For a field named “management,” it is odd how little of our focus is on “managers,” whether at the frontline, middle, or executive level, or at the organizational, geographic, or global level. Today, more than ever, our research and teaching are called on to shape what managers do on a day-to-day basis. We are the Academy of Management and yet it isn’t always clear how our research addresses issues confronting practicing managers. The tenor of our time suggests that seeking to help managers deal with the issues confronting them would be a valuable contribution to the world we live in.
- Submitters do not need to be members to submit a proposal to the Annual Meeting.
- If a proposal is accepted, participants must register to attend the Annual Meeting.
- All participants who attend the Annual Meeting must be AOM Members.
2021 Annual Meeting
- Papers available for viewing: through 31 October 2021
- Sessions available for viewing: through 31 December 2021
2022 Annual Meeting